Kgori Insights – Quarter ended December 2018
Botswana’s leading citizen owned and run Asset Management firm
“Kgori Capital is a proudly Botswana business,and committed more than ever to growing alongside Botswana. We are patriots at heart,and committed towards growing our sector,both in scale and in calibre of excellence.
This is because we believe the time is now for local asset management firms to be recognised for what they bring to the table, boxing with the very best even on an international stage.Since the inception of our business, we have grown and we have learned.Our courage of conviction and ambition are to grow our people, including our team, our partners and our clients. We Invest with PRIDE, and for us, this means more than just rhetoric.It means sustainable, meaningful work that is nothing short of excellence. PRIDE, for us, is much more than its traditional definition. It is an inherent realisation of the Values we we live and hold dear to us.”
Clients, partners, and family and friends of Kgori Capital, it gives me great pleasure to introduce the first issue of Kgori Insights for the year 2019!
It is both a privilege and an honour to serve as the Chairman of this great, proudly Botswana brand,and to be part of this very platform which seeks to keep you informed about key business, market and industry updates of this firm. It would be remiss of me, however, not to begin with a simple thank you for the fact that you play a much-valued role in our Kgori Capital narrative, and we are truly grateful for it.
As we look forward to a great 2019 ahead of us, I think it is also key to remind ourselves of learnings and developments we carry from the last year, including some notable achievements for the Kgori Capital team and extensive corporate governance work undertaken:
- Myself and Mr. Motsile Stephen Sibanda having joined the business’ Board of Directors, with myself appointed as Chairman;
- Mr. Alphonse Ndzinge appointed as Managing Director;
- Unit Trust (pooled) offerings launched following approval of our Collective Investment Undertaking (CIU) license by NBFIRA;
- Kgori Capital Enhanced Cash Fund launched;
- Asset Manager license awarded by NBFIRA in December;
- Opened our books to a voluntary audit with Deloitte, which yielded positive results;
- Appointment to new client mandates;
- Strong investment performance for all our clients in 2018;
- Kgori Capital Press Club re-introduced;
- New team members added, including Brandon Hartney as an invaluable new Compliance Manager; and
- Having proven ourselves fit and proper, and more committed and passionate than ever before to continue investing with PRIDE for our clients.
It has been a transformative year, and a truly rewarding one at that, as we worked to grow and strengthen our business. Of course, none of this would have been possible without an incredible team, strong leadership, and an immeasurably sound network of clients,partners and stakeholders.I look forward to even greater growth in 2019, and to enhancing what remains most sacred to us as a business: our relationships.
Click here to download full pdf